This CARS Reading Resource includes one Year Five and Six Non-Fiction text with six engaging text dependent higher order thinking tasks – perfect for reading comprehension! These link directly to the CCSS and the New Zealand Curriculum. Learn more about the history of cars.
This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight learners as the higher order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
What this resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide a ready-to-go CARS text and engaging higher order thinking questions. This resource is jam-packed with exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
Say goodbye to short simple passages with three multi-choice questions, and say hello to the future: quality close reading passages, engaging topics (more to come too folks!), exciting higher order thinking activities, and most importantly, growth in your students’ reading comprehension and writing abilities!
In this pack you will receive:
1. One text – with an extended and scaffold version: – The History of Cars
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS and NZ Curriculum
3. One Graphic Organiser Examples – Timeline
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two ‘Tips For Use’ pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
Copyright ©Top Teaching Tasks. By purchasing this resource you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Top Teaching Tasks and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. We (Top Teaching Tasks) retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.